Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 1996 10:59:15 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        dima@FreeBSD.org (Dima Ruban), ache@astral.msk.su, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Kerberos @ freebsd.org?

: Such as?

I have heard that different kerberoses use different port numbers and
that the encryption isn't completely standardized.

However, I have not experienced these problems first hand.  The
village isn't using the Kerberos that ships with FreeBSD/eBones.
We're using the cygnus one from middle last yearish plus a boatload of
patches to make it work on 64 bit machines properly.  One of the folks
in the village does volunteer work at the local university, and this
was what he did as part of a security improvement.

We've also added a TCP option to get tickets so that we can get
through various firewalls (outbound, which is permitted by their
policies).

Warner