Date:      Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:08:42 -0700
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get /dev/smb* ?

=D0=90=D0=BD=D1=82=D0=BE=D0=BD =D0=9A=D0=BB=D0=B5=D1=81=D1=81 <rc5hack@yand=
ex.ru> writes:

>> mbmon is very old. =C2=A0I've never gotten it to work on any machine I've
>> every tried it on.
>>
>> Does your boot time output show anything smb-related at all, such as
>> maybe "smbios0: <System Management BIOS> at ..."? =C2=A0It's possible th=
at
>> your machine simply has no support for this.
>>

> # dmesg -a |grep smb
>
> - returns nothing.
>
> Does it means that it is no way to read temperature sensors on motherboar=
d?

Have you tried:

  $ sysctl -a | grep temperature
  dev.cpu.0.temperature: 29.2C
  dev.cpu.1.temperature: 29.2C

for your system?
I have an AMD cpu and the amdtemp kernel module provides that
information.  I am not familiar with the Intel cpus, but the coretemp
module is supposed to provide the same information for them.  I use
gkrellm for various thing, and it will display that information
directly.

--=20
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org