Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 17:02:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Christophe Juniet <cjuniet@entreview.com>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/41106: FreeBSD Handbook lacks "Desktop Applications" chapter.

--- Christophe Juniet <cjuniet@entreview.com> wrote:
> Here <http://daemon.entreview.com/~chris/desktop.html>; is the little
> piece of work I've done so far. If it's what you expected, I'll send a
> PR when it's good enough.

Hello Chris.

A brief look through your (in-progress) article, I found the following
information as outdated (afaik):

---
6.2 Browsers
FreeBSD does not come with a particular browser pre-installed. Instead, the
www ports collection contains a lot of browsers ready to be installed. If you
don't have time to compile everything (this can be very long in some cases)
many of them are available as packages.
---

The FreeBSD Project does not provide X11 desktops as "packages" anymore.  I
am not sure if they are still provided on CD-ROMs or not.  Everything else
looks nice; it was only a brief look though.

  -- Hiten