Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:01:10 +1000 (EST)
From:      Tony Maher <tonym@biolateral.com.au>
To:        imp@harmony.village.org
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slight pccard problem

> : Yes.
> : I assume it hangs due to the huge number of interrupts produced.
> : Remove the card, interrupts stop, machine works perfectly ;-)
>
> Can you update to the latest sio.c that I committed a few hours ago
> and let me know if I can now delete "except that ... ways" and "apart
> from the modem" from the above short summary?

Just sent you an email saying it fixed the modem and everything works
perfectly. However have just notice one small glitch.
(actually noticed yesterday but put it down to the interrpupt storm.
Now have seen it consistently and been able to experiment a little)

When I reboot (and I think halt and press key for reboot) the system
shuts down normally but as it comes back up the BIOS prints something like:

Phoenix Bios 4.0 Release 6.0
Copyright 1985-1998 Phoenix Technolgies Ltd
All rights reserved

Inspiron 3500 A400GT BIOS Rev A11

then it hangs.  Normally the next thing in a warm reboot is something about
Mouse initialized but it does not get to there.

If I remove both cards then the reboot works normally.

So I assume that ejecting cards does soemthing to controller that
reboot/halt does not and leaves them in a strange state.

sorry!

tonym