Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:24:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: where is the place to start dhclient?, entry in pccard.conf

>Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:14:00 +0100
>From: Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>

>Hello this mail has two topics,

>I have
>pccard_enable="YES"
>hostname=xxx
>ifconfig_ed0="DHCP"
>in my laptop

>in /etc/rc.conf

>but i have to start dhclient by hand. What is to do?

I find that

pccard_ifconfig="DHCP"

in /etc/rc.conf is useful.

>2. topic:

>for my pcmcia d-link dfe-650 card it was necessary to include the
>soundblaster io adresses
>in the /etc/pccard.conf. Under windows the card uses 0x220!

Well, I just recently bought a couple of those, and tried one in a
couple of laptops, using default pccard.conf settings.  Worked just fine
for me.

But I rather suspect that both of these are more appropriate for
-mobile, so I'm sending this note there, vs. -stable.

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill      dhw@whistle.com   UNIX System Administrator
Desk: 650/577-7158   TIE: 8/499-7158   Cell: 650/759-0823