Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 23:47:40 -0400
From:      "Eric Ogren" <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        <jon@welearn.com.au>, "Doug Barton" <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        "Brennan W Stehling" <brennan@offwhite.net>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make world failed

<sigh> so much for only one message
Sorry for the ugly formatting; I'm trying to write a paper while reading my
email at the same time (which
probably isn't the smartest idea).

Hi-

> > Right at the very top of that page, in bold
> > letters
>
> NO IT DOES NOT .. get your facts straight before you blow
> somebodies head of for asking a most reasonable question in a
> polite and alltogether reasonable manner.

From http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/current-stable.html:

18.2.2.3. Using FreeBSD-STABLE
1. Join the FreeBSD-stable mailing list <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>. This
will keep you informed of build-dependencies that may appear in stable or
any other issues requiring special attention. Developers will also make
announcements in this mailing list when they are contemplating some
controversial fix or update, giving the users a chance to respond if they
have any issues to raise concerning the proposed change.

Sorry, but I don't see how this could be any more clear. Our docs certainly
aren't perfect, and people
have pointed out some examples of problems, but what about the above passage
is mystifing?

Doug may be taking a somewhat harsh tone, but the stuff he is saying is
true.

Eric