Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 07:29:11 -0600
From:      Blaine Minazzi <bminazzi@denverweb.net>
To:        isp@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: TS Holy War (was Re: Some advice needed.)

Vincent Poy wrote:

> > >         The customer base isn't the problem but it's what equipment we
> > > need at the remote location and other things that seems to be more
> > > important.
> >
> > Hmmm. What planet is this on again?  On my side of the galaxy,
> > no customers = no profit.  It would be nice not to have to put up
> > with the customers though.  If you could let the rest of us in  on
> > the secret, we would all be much obliged...   :-P
>
>         I think you didn't read the post correctly =P  Anyways, we already
> have major leads to some big research laboratories and other stuff. =)
> So that's why the other part is more important now since we need to figure
> out on what needs to be done to support the customers...

It just sounded funny...  And you would not believe the number of people
who want to jump into the businss, thinking that if they buy all the
right equipment, they will be in business.  USUALLY, they are the
same suckers who get talked into SUN's, and NT Boxes.....
No clues, No technical ability, Not much operating capital, no business
sense, no future.  They are a great source for used routers and TS's,
and other equipment at pennies on the dollar.  usually only 6 - 9 months
old.

Besides, think of all the advantages one would have if you didn't need
customers.

1: Fish. 7 days a week.
2: Lay On beach, when not fishing.
3: No pesky tech support calls from morons who can f&%k up
windows          configurations faster than you can say 95.
4: Never again hear the phrase, I didn't change anything on MY END, it
   MUST be your server that's having a problem.
5: Hard drive crash? Screw it. Replace it next year. maybe.
6: No electric bills or expensive T-1 costs to worry about.

Thats the short list... ( I can dream, can't I? )

Oh well... reality check and back to the end of another 80 hour week.

  :-)