Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:18:23 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Neill Robins <freebsd@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oh no! They killed Beastie!

On 25 Mar 2001, at 23:08, Neill Robins wrote:

> Sunday, March 25, 2001, 10:24:40 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
> DL> On 25 Mar 2001, at 20:30, Neill Robins wrote:
>
> >> Here: http://www.xenite.org/sorbo/ is a picture. He is most famous for his
> >> "Hercules" series that came on USA. It was pre-Xena and cancelled (if
> >> I am not mistaken).
>
> DL> Pre-Xena?  Please!  Xena was a spin-off of Hercules....
> DL> [yes, both series were/are filmed in NZ and Lucy Lawless is NZ-born]
>
> Whoa, I never admitted that I actually watched those shows! :) I thought
> they was pure crap for what little time I had to watch television!

Heh, I liked watching them when I was in USA on holidays...

> Where in NZ, by the way?

The filming for Hercules and Xena was done in Auckland.  Someone just
told me it was just west of Auckland, on the coast.

The special effects (physical and digital) were by Weta
<http://www.wetafx.co.nz/WetaLtd-Index.html>.  The are the same
people who worked on The Frightners and Heavenly Creatures.  Weta
are heavily involved in Lord of The Rings.  Peter Jackson is the director
and all of the three films were shot in New Zealand.  You've seen the
LOTR trailer?  That's NZ scenery in the background, perhaps digitally
enhance, I don't know.  At present, they are post production and the
first film will be released December 2001.  With luck, the premiere will
be in Wellington.  I hope so.

--
Dan Langille
pgpkey - finger dan@unixathome.org | http://unixathome.org/finger.php