Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:54:17 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, "Andreas Berg" <andy@flame.org>
Subject:   Re: Strange reboots

I had a system which I thought was stable until I installed the latest
versions of FBSD ... but soon found I had a faulty CPU (most likely from
heat stress) and that it was pure co-incidence that the system started
"strangely rebooting" for no reason. I'm running 3.3-RC myself and will be
moving to 3.3-S when I can spare some time.

Put simply - check your hardware!

Greg