Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 01:28:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        wscott@ichips.intel.com (Wayne Scott)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, coredump@onyx.nervosa.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How

It seems that Wayne Scott said:
> I have crashed Linux systems many many times and have not noticed a
> real problem recovering.  Am I just lucky?

I run several filesystems here async. My  FreeBSD has crashed several times
and I haven't lost  a file. Async  is very useful  for operations like "cvs
update". I know it is a risk but the gain so far is really worth it.

But I admit that a working LFS would be very nice...
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #5: Sun Feb  4 03:11:17 MET 1996