Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:00:08 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, koma2@lovepeers.org, Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade confused about editors/emacs

--KZLWU/9q3evlN4nQ

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:16:52AM -0500, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Ceri Davies wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 07:34:47AM -0500, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> > =20
> >>Its not harsh, its reality. If you are going to contribute, don't=20
> >>contribute broken code. If its broken, fix it. If you cant fix it, back=
=20
> >>it out until its ready. I have been using freebsd since 2.x and i can=
=20
> >>tell you that the quality of freebsd is slowly declining, more and more=
=20
> >>broken code is being committed, and its not being address properly. A=
=20
> >>perfect example of this is the recent RCng commits to 6-STABLE. The=20
> >>ports are clearly not ready for this, yet its been committed and left.=
=20
> >>Now many ports refuse to work. This clearly breaks POLA.
> >>   =20
> >
> >While this may be true, it doesn't preclude the fact that you're acting
> >like a spoilt brat on this list over the last few days at least.  You
> >might wish to consider being more polite.
>=20
> You're right, apologies to everyone for that. It's just that i have been=
=20
> using FreeBSD for a long time, and i don't want to switch to Linux, I'm=
=20
> just very disappointed with the way things are lately. There is a=20
> plethora of problems which are not being addressed, while new code and=20
> features are being committed. A lot of performance issues have been=20
> reported lately, briefly discussed, but nothing has been resolved.=20
> FreeBSD needs to step back and work on current problems, once these are=
=20
> addressed we can go forward and develop new features. If i only had the=
=20
> programming knowledge, i would be happy to help. So all i can do is=20
> point the finger and test.

Thanks for the apology; it's good that you care!

It sounds like somewhat of a cop-out, but please, if you are having
problems for more than a day or two, file a PR.  That way, at least the
issue doesn't get lost in the mailing list archives.

Cheers,

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--KZLWU/9q3evlN4nQ

--KZLWU/9q3evlN4nQ--