Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 1996 15:20:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        JHupp@Gensys.Com
Cc:        Bruce Bauman <boot@itchy.mosquito.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple mailboxes

On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, Jeff Hupp wrote:

> 	Look at Pegasus <ftp://risc.ua.edu/pub/network/pegasus/winpm223.zip>;
>
> 	It's more feature filled, completely free and can be setup to handle
> multiple mail boxes (users) several ways.  There are also a number of
> extentions available, including finger and an interface to PGP.

    Can Pegasus perform rudimentary mail filtering?  Some of our
customers route several e-mail addresses in their domain to a single
mailbox on our system that they can access via IMAP or POP.  We setup
something like this:

sales@foo.com, info@foo.com, support@foo.com  -> joeblow@io.org

    ... and so on.  Although the messages to the various foo.com
addresses are lumped into a single mailbox, you can use something like
procmail on the UNIX side to split them into separate mailboxes based
on the "To: " header.  Does Pegasus (or any other Windoze- or
Mac-based mail reader) have this feature?
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.