Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:07:28 -0500
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Addtron wireless awp-100

Mike Smith stated:
: > On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 12:15:56PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
: > > In message <20001106094255.A84880@myriade.laissus.fr> Francois Laissus writes:
: > > : Is there any plan to support the AWP-100 IEEE 802.11 PCMCIA card ?
: > > :
: > > : Source for the Linux driver are on the cdrom shipped with.
: > >
: > > Which chipset is it based on?  I don't think that we support it right
: > > now (based on a quick grep of pccard.conf).  I'm not aware of any
: > > wireless drivers under development, except the ux driver port from
: > > NetBSD(?).  I don't recall which devices this driver supports.
: >
: > It's based on chipset PRISM from Intersil Corporation, not supported
: > by 5.0-20001105-CURRENT !
:
: Um.  The PRISM is the Harris (ex-Intersil) chipset, which is supported by
: 'awi'.  Which MAC does it use?  I'd be guessing it's using the AMD PCNet/
: Mobile as well, in which case 'awi' will support it.
:
: I get the distinct impression that Harris have a reference design for the
: PRISM which is just being copied by most vendors.

Hi-

Allow me to hijack this thread ...  :)

Does anyone know what the story is on the 3Com AirConnect cards
wrt to chipsets and possible FreeBSD support?

Thanks,