Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 09:20:39 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just who is Terry Lambert?

On Saturday, 31 July 1999 at  0:22:20 +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> I guess asking that question here isn't the height of tact, but asking
> behind a person's back isn't either.
>
> Just who is Terry Lambert?

To quote one opinion:

> From: Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:50:19 +1030 (CST)
>
> Hmm.  Listening to your litany of physical complaints, I have this
> vision of you as a brain in a little clear plasic box, probably with
> an ethernet jack somewhere.

(end quote)

> According to my copy of the FreeBSD handbook, he's not part of the core
> team. In fact, he isn't even listed as a committer. Which makes me
> wonder just what backs up his voice of authority.
>
> I'm increasingly suffering from the impression that I'm dealing with an
> intellectual version of Brett Glass. If I'm doing Terry injustice, I'd
> prefer to be told.

You're doing Terry injustice.  Terry is one of the fathers of FreeBSD,
even if, as you observe, he's not a committer.  Let's say that there
were certain differences of opinion.  That doesn't lessen Terry's
contribution, though: without him, there probably wouldn't be a
FreeBSD as we know it.

Greg