Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:25:15 -0400
From:      Neill Robins <freebsd@nc.rr.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>, Chern Lee <chern@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bad Drivers

Sunday, September 30, 2001, 12:16:44 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:

BK> At 6:23 AM +0000 9/30/01, Kris Kirby wrote:

>>  Shoot, you should have see the local city cop at midnight in
>>  after-festival traffic... Jumped three lanes at 65 -- in a 50. No lights,
>>  no turn-signals ... just jumped.

BK>         Sometimes I wonder about emergency services personnel.  For
BK> example, do they appreciate or even known what some citizens do on
BK> their behalf?

Do we appreciate what they do on our behalf?

I understand that these situations probably fall in the 'not-so-wise'
department but I am sure these scenarios are a very small minority of
most emergency personnel decisions. There may have even been a reason
to make such drastic moves. I'm sure we all know how time is crucial
in emergency situations.

The reason I say this is that I have many, many personal friends and
relatives who are firefighters, police and paramedics, and they are
truly under paid and under-thanked (?) for the work they do and the
things they see every day. I also know that we (civillian drivers)
make their jobs much harder a majority of the time.

-Neill freebsd@nc.rr.com

P.S. I don't mean to imply that you don't respect these folks, but
as in all circumstances you can't judge a group of people based on the
small portion that have made some (possibly) poor decisions.