Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:05:59 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-15?Q?Ville_Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linking to handbook

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:29:36PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's the official/correct/recommended way of linking to the Handbook
> from web, under <http://www.FreeBSD.org/>:
>
> 1) /handbook/

Old link, wosh@ "re-added" it through mod_perl, it's really
user-friendly but it's not good to use it nowadays :)

> 2) /doc/handbook/

Works, after a talk with some committers, we chose to avoid it.
I used it to correct links in some docs, however I will avoid it in
future even if it's an easy one.

> 3) /doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

The chosen one :)

That one is interesting cause if you want the same doc in another
language (if the doc is available) you just have to ajust the "locale"
name.

Marc