Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 08:02:20 +0200 (EET)
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How

In article <199602100543.WAA25958@rover.village.org> Warner Losh <imp@village.org> writes:
   : For anything other than initial install, copying, archiving, async
   : is a bad bet.  For those particular operations, it's a big win.

   It can also be good on a partition devoted solely to news that is
   allowed to be newfs on data corruption as well...

With current full-feed news flow and innd, there will soon be no option
other than battery-backed-up scsi controller or async mounts.  I have
survived with async mounts for news disks since last summer, and the damn
thing crashes often enough that I can say you can make it without serious
data loss, as long as you run fsck -y for news disks on boot :-)

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND, hsu@clinet.fi
mobile +358-40-5519679 work +358-0-4375360 fax -4555276 home -8031121