Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:06:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Presence <presence@irev.net>
To:        Marius Strom <marius@alpha1.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RAID Controllers

> I'm trying to find out if anyone has had any luck with either the Adaptec
> AAA-131SA or the DPT SmartRaid IV PM3334UW card.

 Personally, I maintain a FreeBSD 3.4 machine with the SmartRaid IV card
with 32 megs of cache on it driving 6 IBM 9Gig LZX drives and all I did
was uncomment the DPT lines in the kernel's config, compile, and go.

 I configured the DPT's software for RAID 5, booted into FreeBSD, created
a drive under /raid, disklabel, newfs.

 Its been working flawlessly for 8 months now.