Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 1996 16:02:15 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, babkin@hq.icb.chel.su
Subject:   New PC-Emu pre-release available

Apologies for taking so long with this.  I've now merged Soren's tty-mode
code, so PC-Emu will run on any cursor-addressable terminal or under X.
It can be built to support either or both.

There's plenty of opportunity here for improvement if someone feels inclined,
most especially with colour support and proper keycode handling.

Other changes include a new parser for the .pcemurc file and the beginnings
of better support for BIOS disk implementation.  Assorted cpu emulation
changes from various sources have been added, and the -DALIGNED_ACCESS
option has been relegated to a dusty corner.  If I've missed anyone's
suggestions, please let me know so I can correct myself!

A quick once-over from anyone interested would be appreciated, and in
particular if you have any suggestions regarding improvements I'd be
very happy to hear them.

In particular, Serge, could you send me a copy of your current kernel
network-support diffs so that I can incorporate them (and hopefully
get them into the -current tree as well...).

As always : ftp://gsoft.com.au/pub/pcemu1.92pre.tar.gz