Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:51:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, deeptech71@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: What's up with the symlinks in the 7.0-RC2 ISO images?

deeptech71@gmail.com wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > The symlinks don't hurt Windows-readability at all.
 > > There's nothing that needs to be fixed.
 >
 > Show me that what sucks is actually my Windows system only instead of
 > all Windows systems: try opening
 >    7.0-RC2-CD2\packages\<any_dir_except_"All">\<any_symlink>
 > on your Windows system and tell me what happens.

Why would you want to open a FreeBSD package on a Windows
machine?  That doesn't make sense at all.  The only files
that might be useful on Windows are the files on the docs
CD ISO image, and those can be opened without problems on
Windows.  I've tried it.

Best regards
   Oliver

"Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself --
and then a couple of more feet, just to be sure."
        -- Eric Allman