Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 13:14:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Did this stuff make it into 2.2.5-RELEASE?

> Kernel stuff:
> 1) IDE DMA-Busmastering patches

No.

> 2) Luigi's PNP code + sound driver
???

> 3) Simon's DPT RAID driver

It's not even in -current yet. :)

> If not in this release, will these ever be merged into the distribution
> or will they always be add-ons?

For 2.2, I suspect 1) might make it (it needs someone to merge it into
2.2 and test it), 2) probably since the standard 2.2 isn't very good,
and 3) is *very* doubtful since it requires too many other changes that
could possibly 'de-stabilize' things.

> Packages:
> 1) XFree86-3.3.1

Isn't in on the 2.2.5 disk?  I think this is already done.

> 2) BIND 8.1.1 (or later)

Nope, since bind 4.9.6 is still considered the 'standard/safe' version
to use.  Maybe later distributions.

Nate