Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rajesh Vaidheeswarran <rv@fore.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/8610: boot.config.8 man page

The following reply was made to PR docs/8610; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rajesh Vaidheeswarran <rv@fore.com>
To: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc: rv@fore.com, freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 19:25:48 -0500

 Oh..  didn't realize that. sorry. So, if I
 disklabel -b /boot/boot1 -s /boot/boot2
 and reboot, my machine would actually recognise the
 ELF kernel? Cool.

 If so, what is the need for /boot/loader anymore? And,
 what is the need for boot.config.8 at all?

 Also, I would like to know what kernel.config does so that
 I can document it.

 rv

  -- using MH template repl.format --