Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:00:30 +0100
From:      Jonathan Perkin <jon.perkin@bbc.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: pcic pci attachments merged from current

(better late than never...)

Warner wrote:

> I've just merged the pcic pci attachment from current into stable.

> Please let me know if your setup was working before and now isn't

I'm glad to say that previously FreeBSD completely failed to grok my
Intel xe0 card (as per http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=77210+
80086+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-mobile/20010513.freebsd-mobile),
and now it works perfectly.

It might be too late though, as since then I've been using NetBSD which
has worked flawlessly, and in many ways better (kernel threads for USB
and pccard is sooo nice.. :)

I can't remember whether I opened a pr for this - www.freebsd.org is
being excruciatingly slow and won't open the entire gnats db, but if
anyone finds a pr I might have opened, by all means close it.  Anyway,
thought you should know and cheers for the work.  I might need DVD
playing bad enough someday to switch back :)

	Jon