Date:      Tue, 06 Mar 2001 20:59:38 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Tom Fischer <tfischer@rain.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom cardbus CBEM56G-100 as a modem?

In message <3AA3C9A4.7E831C33@rain.fr> Tom Fischer writes:
: I'd like to know if anyone has gotten the modem part of this card
: working yet.  I think that the system sees the card, and the card is
: used under COM5 in windows, so I believe that it would also be used
: as sio4 under FreeBSD.  I'm pretty sure that I'm missing something
: in /boot/device.hints for sio4 (there is nothing for sio4 in this
: file).

Justin has it working on his laptop, but his patches don't quite work
for me.  You are lucky to have one of the few modem/ethernet pccards
that has a real modem.

Warner