Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 13:47:54 -0500
From:      StevenR362@aol.com
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Alpha install problems

A default ppp install from com2 seems to be broken out of the box.
I don't know if this is because both pp0 entries in the dialog box point to
sio0 or if the sio1 entries in /dev are missing.  This can be worked around
by setting sio0 to point to 0x2f8 irq 3 in visual config.

My main problem is that once the ftp install from ftp.freebsd.org starts
going and transfers a few tens or hundreds of k, the connection drops.
The ppp log shows "** 1 Too many ECHO packets are lost. **"
Is this a network problem to wcarchive or a rudeness on the part of my ISP?

Steve