Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 22:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.4-stable to 4.0-stable wedge

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Randy Bush wrote:

>     scsi_sa.o(.text+0x51): undefined reference to `cam_extend_get'

Your kernel config file is missing something. Compare with GENERIC and
LINT.

>     foo:/sys/i386/conf# config FOO
>     config: line 26: Unknown machine type
>     config: line 26: syntax error

The config files changed format drastically from 3.x to 4.x - rebuild it
based on the current references (GENERIC and LINT)

You should also build your kernel using the 'make buildkernel' target to
avoid the libc.so.4 issue (as described here several times recently -
check the archives).

Kris

----