Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:11:32 +0900
From:      Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        vallo@matti.ee
Cc:        Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Subject:   Re: Anyone setup a CMI8338 under FreeBSD ?

[cc'ed to -multimedia to call for driver maintainers]

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:09:49 +0200,
  Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee> said:

>> -On [19991123 09:25], Allix Primus (alleve@idirect.com) wrote:
>> >Just wondering If anyone has setup a CMI8338 under FreeBSD
>>
>> And what may that be?

vallo> It's a sound chip used on some cheap motherboards. Recently I've heard
vallo> in the -multimedia list that it's possible to get this working under
vallo> FreeBSD.

What I found in -multimedia is CMI8330, which is an ISA PnP chip.

If you are using 3.2R, you may want to try patches at:

http://www.imou.to/~AoiMoe/BSD-at-Random/cmi/CMI8x38-19990923-1.diff
http://www.imou.to/~AoiMoe/BSD-at-Random/cmi/CMI8x38-19990923-1-to-19990924-1.diff

With these patches, a CMI8338 would at least sound.

Say, anyone wanna port these patches to newpcm?

Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> <tanimura@freebsd.org>