Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:18:55 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        Hetzels@aol.com
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD and Radius be used for a CyberCafe?

> Ok, Maybe I didn't make my self clear.
>
> The Livingston PM3 is to be used by my dial-up Customers only! Thus PAP/CHAP
> authentication of CyberCafe customers can't be done from the PM3.
>
> At the CyberCafe, my customers would have an account for E-mail, and Internet
> access.  In order for the customer to access their E-mail, or the Internet
> they would need a password to login into one of 10 workstations that is
> directly connected to a 100MB/s LAN.
>
> How would I authenticate the customers as all 10 workstations will require a
> password to access the Internet? RADIUS?
>
> I would like to use RADIUS, as I plan to purchase the URIBS billing system to
> bill my dial-up & and possibile the CyberCafe customers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scot W. Hetzel

	simple ...

	Dialup users have a radius entry, lan customers do not, And
	DO NOT have a Default user profile.

	For the LAN you can use nis to share passwds between workstations
	or there are some hacks for login to allow it to use radius and
	then setup a seperate radiusd for lan access....

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +403 413 1910	  Fax: +403 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
PGP 2.6.2 Key fingerprint =  42 9C 2C A8 4D 2B C9 C4  7D B6 00 B0 50 47 20 97
http://gras-varg.worldgate.com/~skafte/             http://www.worldgate.com/
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)