Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:39:03 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, core@FreeBSD.ORG, cgd@netbsd.org, ross@netbsd.org, core@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Copyright infringement in FreeBSD/alpha

> *smirk*  I wonder how many other copyright infringements are contained
> within "FreeBSD's" alpha port...

1. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'm sure it was not
   out of malice that the code was checked in this way and we're
   certainly happy to go back and fix any copyright/attribution information
   which was inadvertantly left out.  Doug has been working with a large
   colletion of sources lately, NetBSD probably playing an even smaller
   roll than Linux considering that NetBSD did not, until very recently,
   work on his Miata, and such confusion is easy to understand.

2. If it's truly your goal to foster better relations between our two
   groups, and you've certainly intimated as such during our previous
   meetings, then I can only suggest more talking and less smirking.
   There's absolutely no need for that kind of behavior here, and it's
   nothing more than simple indulgence on your part to display it.  It
   doesn't further our progress in any way.

- Jordan