Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 1999 12:32:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      patl@phoenix.volant.org
To:        Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: merging current's jail functionality to stable

On  9-Oct-99 at 12:17, Jacques Vidrine (n@nectar.com) wrote:
> If those folks that privately mailed me and asked that this work be
> done would stand up now, that would be nice :-)

I didn't privately mail you; but I would like to speak up as someone
who is -very- interested in seeing this functionality available much
sooner than we can expect 4.x to become -stable.

[ Normally, I wouldn't bother the list with a 'Me Too' type post; but
since Jacques did ask, and since most of the posts have been negative
reactions to the potential disruption that would be caused if the suser
interface changed, I thought it was time to de-lurk. ]

> From the sounds of things, it would be easier for some to swallow if I
> came up with a different set of patches that don't change the
> interface of suser, and maintain two suser implementations for another
> 5 or 6 months --- although I don't know that we can say for sure when
> 4.0 will become -STABLE.

That's my reading of the postings; and it sounds like a reasonable
approach.

-Pat