Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:34:34 -0400
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD poster idea.

It's generally a bad idea to post lots of me too messages.  So I
resisted the urge, even though I would buy one, and posted this instead.

With apologies to your bandwidth...

Michael Lucas wrote:

> Well, let's skip directly to the important answer:
>
> I'd buy one.  Anyone else?
>
> > FreeBSD 4.1 will ship containing 3605 ports in the ports collection -
> > which is an *awful* lot of applications, when you think about it
> > (although of course some of them are marked broken).
> >
> > Does anyone else think it would be cool to have a poster with a header
> > something like:
> >
> > "FreeBSD 4.1: Now available with the following applications"
> >
> > followed by a big list of all 3605 ports?
> >
> > One of the big things we hear about BSD is how little software is
> > apparently available for it. This could make an impressive visual
> > demonstration.
> >
> > Kris
> >
> > --
> > In God we Trust -- all others must submit an X.509 certificate.
> >     -- Charles Forsythe <forsythe@alum.mit.edu>

Laurence Berland
Windows 98: n.
        useless extension to a minor patch release for
        32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a
        16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
        originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,
        written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for
        1 bit of competition.
http://stuy.debate.net