Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 12:39:02 -0700
From:      Hiten Pandya <hmp@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/39214: No my(4) man page

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 10:53:20AM -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
[Tom wrote:]
> > Need more review?  Note, mii(4) does not exist, its miibus(4), which
> > I wrote and added to the tree a couple of months ago.
>=20
> I'll jump in with a few nitpicks.  :-p
>=20
> The correspondence between "DEC Tulip NIC chipset" and the dc(4)
> driver in the cross-references is not clear.
>=20
> The supported models are not sentences, and therefore should not end
> with full-stops.
>=20
> In the HISTORY section, you should say that the my driver *first*
> appeared in FreeBSD 4.6.
>=20
> The AUTHORS section could probably be better worded as "The my driver
> was written by Myson Technologies."  If you (hmp) want to give
> yourself credit for the manpage, that's acceptable here.
>=20
> I'd also try to turn the BUGS section into a complete sentence.
>=20
> Bruce.
>=20
> PS.  Yes, I always sign my name in email as though it were a sentence.
> So sue me.  :-)

	Thanks guys! I have updated the manual page accordingly.  I was
	thinking about the NetBSD mii(4) for a second there, but now I
	am back to the real world. 8-)

	Once I get a go ahead from re@ and my mentor (des), I will
	commit it.  I have already got approval from Julian, who
	imported the driver in the first place.

	Cheers!

		-- Hiten (hmp@FreeBSD.ORG)

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI