Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 07:11:42 -0400
From:      Alan Clegg <abc@firehouse.net>
To:        Southwell <vizion@ptialaska.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Attachments request -OOOOOPS

--lMM8JwqTlfDpEaS6

Out of the ether, Southwell spewed forth the following bitstream:

> However I would still stand by my request and you guys have made more poi=
nt
> for me again

You seem to have missed the point entirely.  Attachments (as my PGP=20
signature) are at least marginally useful.  Things like the HTML that
was attached to your posting (which I did not see since my MUA is smart
enough to shield me) are not.  These two "attachments" are not in the same=
=20
category.

> Attachments etc are a pain in the ****

Only in the wrong hands.  And since you sent me mail earler (directly)
telling me to fix my ways (which I politely told you I would not do),
and then took the issue to to list and got the same response, I can only
say one thing: read my signature.

Now, I recommend you install FreeBSD and start reading your mail using
something that does not do suprising things to the user.

AlanC {and since you told me in private mail you would not be reading
	anything else from me due to the "attachment" of the PGP sig,
	this may all be in vain}
--=20
                                      \             Alan B. Clegg
         Just because I can            \          abc@firehouse.net