Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:48:22 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>, mjacob@feral.com, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   No sense of humour? (was: Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability (fwd))

[moved to chat after removing personal comments]

On Wednesday, 26 June 2002 at  1:20:59 +1000, Darren Reed wrote:

> Is there something about North America which seems to make people over
> there humour impaired ?  I've detected it on more than one occasion and
> it always makes it harder to deal with such people - even face to face.

Humour is very often national in character.  I have detected some
people in the USA who have something like humour, but they don't
understand ours.  And those Australians who have been exiled to the
USA frequently start losing their mind^W^W^Wappreciating American
humour.

> Hmmm, maybe it is a Northern Hemisphere thing because there seems to
> be a similar problem in some parts of Europe too!

Well, again, the Europeans and the Americans frequently don't
understand each others' humour.

Greg