Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 23:10:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: branding recommendations

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Wes Peters wrote:

>Folks, please note how I changed the subject line since this isn't
>on-topic for the original discussion.  I know I'm harping about this,
>but you're going to make it much more difficult to collate real
>recommendations from angst-ridden diatribes in the end.

Thank you for taking the bit and getting this going. It is going to be
hard to get all of this "opinion" in here moving in a well defined
direction.

>The main idea here is to get vendors to add FreeBSD logos to their
>web pages.  While I'm not opposed to awarding logos to *anything*
>that runs on FreeBSD, I'm not sure we need to try to stick a daemon
>on ls or make.

Fair enough.

>On the other hand, we do want OUR web page touting FreeBSD applications
>to be complete, nay even exhaustive.  So I'll leave the above on the
>list, and we'll work on fleshing out the accompanying list of applications
>as the web page comes to life.  Many of those non-commercial applications
>have web sites of their own, and might be willing to (ahem) chuck a
>daemon on their page.  ;^)

Even exhaustive. Even people like the author of 'xmcd' can help us get
mindshare while we help them get users. The list for ports is quite long.
You'll note I did not list them individually. I am having a hard enough
time keeping up with the sickly one in the handbasket. :)

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/