Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:21:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Alan Clegg <abc@bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Subject:   Re: mounting a sandisk

From the keyboard of Alan Clegg:

> There are two different SanDisk readers, one that works, and one that
> shows up as ugen.  ;-)

I can confirm this. I was recently shopping for one of those devices and
the salesman showed me the two devices: IIRC, they were SDDR-31/-01 and
SDDR-31/-02.

The difference seems to be that the -02 version is able to read CF type
1 and 2 modules while the -01 version is just able to read CF type 1
modules. The -02 version was much cheaper than the -01 version

Since i could not test which one was the one that works with FreeBSD
i bought a PCMCIA-based reader ...

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77