Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 10:18:46 -0400
From:      Rob Furphy <rcf@ox.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Fixing Jbuilder 3.5

Thanks everyone for the fonts discussion.  It seems that
the font problems I was experiencing are the same ones
that others are experiencing.

I have not tried URW fonts since Robert's font.properties
file works great for me.  I think I'll stick with them for now.

Panagiotis Astithas wrote:

> BTW, JDBC Explorer from JBuilder works like a charm, but JBuilder itself
> doesn't. I think it must be those tools.jar & jpda.jar files it uses.

You are correct.  I solved this same problem for the Linux RC3
distro when Jbuilder 3.0 was out.

Place the jpda.jar and dt.jar files from the
Linux RC4 distro into the same place in the FreeBSD distro
(<javaroot>/lib>) and Jbuilder will work.  I am certain jpda.jar
is needed, not as sure for dt.jar but it doesn't hurt anything.
These files seem like they are part of Java1.3 and Borland/Sun
included them in the JBuilder/Sun Java1.2 for JBuilder,
(and Blackdown subsequently included them in RC4 - we
should probably do the same).

Rob