Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 1997 08:15:31 -0500
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@mexcom.net>
To:        rpanula@dacmail.net
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird ping behavior

Russ Panula wrote:

> Could somebody running 2.2.1-RELEASE try pinging
> fprac_mail_1.med.umn.edu?
>
> The machine I have running 2.2.1 tells me it's an unknown host but is
> able to resolve the name using the host command.
>
> Other boxes here that are not running 2.2.1 can see it fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Russ

Pings fine from Veracruz, Mexico 60-70ms.  Traceroute fine too.

ed

       Mexico Communicates, S.C.      MexCom.Net, S.A. de C.V.

               Creators of Virtual Economic Communities
                               for
             Industry, Commerce, Education and Government

   HTTP://EMPRENDE.NET.MX                 HTTP://MEXCOM.NET
 HTTP://CATALOGO.MEXCOM.NET              HTTP://WTCVER.ORG.MX