Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:25:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Reginald S. Perry" <reggie@LambdaWerks.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, toshi@FreeBSD.ORG, imp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Documentation for rc.conf's removable_interfaces?

Hi there,

Since pccard_ether is being addressed, I was wondering if there was some
way that I could solve a problem I am having. In my laptop I have a
builtin rl network interface. I also have a wireless PC Card. I would
like to configure both in my system to use DHCP and if one happens to be
unplugged, to just ignore it. This works fine if the pc card is not in,
but if I do not have the internal network device connected to the
netowrk, it hangs on DHCP. This means that I cannot just plug in my
wireless card and go for it, I instead have to make sure that I comment
out the ifconfig_rl0 for things to work correctly.

Is there anything that I can do about this?

Thanks.

-Reggie