Date:      Tue, 04 Apr 2000 14:38:08 +0200
From:      Fabrizio Poggi <poggif@casaccia.enea.it>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question about XFree86

At 14.27 04/04/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I know this is not excactly the right place for this question, but I
>already tried -questions, the mailarchive and searched the internet for
>the topic.
>I have an Alliance PM6422 SVGA card and XFree86 complains about 'Hung in
>ApmSync()' when starting the xserver. I already tried a dozen different
>configurations. Does anybody have experience with this card or error?
>
>Greetings,
>
>Ronald.

Hello,
For my few experience and the suggestion of the people, can invite you to
verify if your XFree86 is a 3.3.5 version (distributed with 3.4 CD). Many
persons have problems (I also with a SiS6326) with that version. I've
resolved installing the part of XFree86 3.3.6 required for my card
(XF86_SVGA). All is good now.
Regards, Fabrizio.