Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:03:58 +0530
From:      Shantanoo Mahajan <freebsd@dhumketu.cjb.net>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        Rob <nospam@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject:   Re: Why no FreeBSD ftp site in India?

+++ Matthew Seaman [freebsd] [03-12-03 09:33 +0000]:
| On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 03:40:09PM +0900, Rob wrote:
|
| > No one interested there to set up an ftp.in.FreeBSD.org server?
| > Or is the FreeBSD community in India simply too tiny?
|
| Setting up a FreeBSD mirror in India would be welcome, but it does
| require someone to donate the necessary hardware and bandwidth.
| Getting someone -- or more likely, some business or university, to do
| that is a matter of having an active user community, preferably with
| some companies using and seeing the benefits of FreeBSD and of
| generating some critical mass around the idea.  It doesn't take a huge
| number of people, but they would have to be close enough together to
| interact.
|
| 	Cheers,
|
| 	Matthew
|
| Reply-To set to freebsd-advocacy@...

The Universities/Institutes which can provide bandwidth for this
purpose are IIT's and IISc. IISc is hosting sunsite and also has the
debian mirror. AFAIK, no one has FreeBSD mirror.

the only Indian site regading BSD I know is www.bsd-india.org

Shantanoo

PS: Plz. Cc me the reply since I am not subscribed to -advocacy.