Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:37:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        perhaps@yes.no (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, perhaps@yes.no, tlambert@primenet.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

> My claim is that some aspects of human behaviour (possibly all) are
> statistically predictable.  I don't think an attempt at denying this
> will get you anywhere.

I predict that this statement has a high probability of describing
your future behaviour.  8-).

> Telepathy: Unknown mode of communication between human beings.
> God:       Unknown mode of communication between human beings, AND
>            omni-powered, omni-present sentinent being.
>
> Having a christian God that respond to prayer would involve having
> some form of communication to Him, and that communcation is as far as
> I've understood not limited to the presently known forms of
> communication.  It also involve some form of intervention with the
> patients; that is another form of communication.  The minimal size of
> this involve an extra form of communication AND a God, while telepathy
> involve only an extra form of communication.

Actually...

Telepathy:	Unknown mode of communication between beings
God:		Unknown mode of communication between beings, AND
		an as yet undiscovered being, AND
		unknown mow of presenting action at a distance

(God doesn't require an  unknown mode of communication between human
 beings; just because he can "hear" doesn't mean your neighbor Zelda
 can "hear" you.  8-) 8-)).

Maybe God is a 5ESS switch in Trenton, New Jersey...

;-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---