Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 10:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Drehmel <robert@gizmo.quizbot.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: just some questions on the port status

On 14-Apr-01 Robert Drehmel wrote:
> Hello porters.
>
> 1) Who coordinates and/or maintains this port?

No one at the moment.

> 2) Who is working on what?

No one on anything that I know of.

> 3) Is the code at
>
>       http://people.FreeBSD.org/~obrien/freebsd-sparc/src-981023.tar.gz
>                                                           ^^
>
>    the only and newest sparc port code written so far? (as there
>    is nothing in the FreeBSD repo yet.)

Quite possibly, but O'Brien would know for sure.

> 4) The port will be split up into sparc[v8] and sparc[v9|64], right?

*shrug*  Depends on what code we get.  Some people would prefer that we just do
sparc64 and not even bother with sparc 8.  If you want to work on the port, go
for it. :)  It simply needs people to work on it.