Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 03:52:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason End <bensnephew@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   tomcat3ctl and classpath [WAS: JDBC problem: SQLException Error en Connect No suitable driver]

I got jdbc working by manually adding the jars to
classpath in tomcat's tomcat.sh. The problem I have
now is that the boot script:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/020.jakarta-tomcat3.sh
uses tomcat3ctl, which must have it's own mechanism
for starting, because it ignores that classpath.
(btw although, 020.jakarta-tomcat3.sh does start
tomcat up, tomcat3ctl start doesn't. I've purged and
reinstalled, but the problem remains).

So is there any way I can get that script to respect
my classpath?

thanks,

Jay