Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:24:12 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, don@PartsNow.com, nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

> If light can not escape from a black hole then how much
> does a photon weight ?

The X-ray emissions at Cygnus XI are not escaping the black hole, they
are an effect of the black hole.  Pair production occurs at the event
horizon, with one particale falling in, and one particale being
ejected with equal and oppisite force.  Not more than a tiny fraction
of the ejecta actually reach escape velocity, only those moving at
the speed of light, or very, very close to it.  Like X-rays.

> Curious, should faster than the speed of lights particles should
> exist what will be their effect if such a particle collided with a particle?

Where are those Tachyons... they were here a minute ago, and I'm sure
they're going to be here a minute before that...

;-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---