Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:25:50 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BGP on a cisco 2500 series

>I saw this topic discussed briefly on one of the lists.
>I didnt pay much attention till now. My boss wants to go multihomed and
>run BGP. We have a 2501 cisco router, and i'm pretty confident theres no
>way on gods green earth we can do it on a 2501. both serials are used.
>And i dont think it has the ability to hold a full routing table?
>So im thinking of a 4000 series.
>But i need some evidence so to speak to tell the suits why the 2501 is not
>a good choice.
>Also can anyone recomend a good 4000 series router? to replace our 2501
>with?

Why not save yourself a bundle and do it on a freebsd machine? Others
are doing it.....for about 1/3 of the price of a 4000 series. A Pentium 120 or
133 with 64meg is a pretty powerful box.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX