Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 06:24:08 -0500
From:      Dan Welch <welchdw@earthlink.net>
To:        Jerry Kreuscher <jerrykr@veriomail.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linksys etherfast pcmpc100 v3 pcmcia II

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, my pccard.conf entry looks like the one you
suggest, though mine comes up as ed0 instead of ed1 because I commented
out the ed0 line in the kernel config leaving only the ed line. (Hmm)
I deduced the shape  from "pccardc dumpcis" output.

It's at the next stage that I get into trouble: assigning the physical
port a network existence. With either
	ifconfig ed0 inet nn.nn.nn.nn netmask 0xffffff00
done manually or
	pccard_ifconfig="inet nn.nn.nn.nn netmask 0xffffff00"
in rc.conf, a network routing entry at link#10 appears that looks normal
to me.  That routing entry then gets joined by a specific address entry
when I try to ping an address on the local net.

The result of all that success, though, is just a bunch of ed0 timeouts.
But yours works...