Date:      Mon, 06 Oct 1997 22:05:41 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Dean Gaudet <dgaudet-list-freebsd-mobile@arctic.org>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seamless nomadic e-mail access

Here I am replying to this thread from my laptop, using (sigh) raw
mh commands and slogin. :-(

> I think part of what John wants is both online and offline
> capabilities.  Like what POP crap gives you if you always carry your
> laptop around, but without the need for always carrying your laptop
> around.

Yes, that's part of what I want.  More generally, I want to be able
to _fully_ access my mail from any of several machines -- meaning,
read messages, delete messages, move them between folders, reply to
them, etc.  That's the IMAP promise, but I think Mike is right that
it's not a reality yet at least under FreeBSD.

>From here it sounds like you and Mike aren't really in such violent
disagreement.  You are describing the ideal solution (which is what
I really want), and Mike is describing the best solution he's found
that's available today.

John