Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:16:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.csail.mit.edu>
To:        delphij@delphij.net
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: Why not move kernel MD code to sys/arch/?

Xin Li writes:

>Is there any reason that we have sys/i386 and not sys/arch/i386?  I
>think the latter is a lot cleaner

"I think it's cleaner" is not good enough.  What *technical* reason
can you come up with to make such a change?  Keep in mind that we
decided not to do this several years ago, when there were only three
platforms to support.  Now there are eight, with innumerably more
people and scripts used to the current layout.

-GAWollman