Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:57:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        sfuqua@nas.nasa.gov (Stephen C. Fuqua)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, sfuqua@nothing.nas.nasa.gov
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD cures RSI

> FreeBSD seems to be easier to type with.

[ ... ]

> I seem to see an effect where something about using FreeBSD lessens the wear
> and tear on the wrists.  I see this effect mostly from using FreeBSD at the
> console, less from X.

Moving back and forth between a keyboard and a mouse will aggravate
RSI and/or tendonitis.

Non-use of X (and therefore the mouse) is a possible cause of your
experience.

FWIW, we used to call this "Sun Mouse Syndrome" back before we had
thousands of people giving it mass-media names like "RSI".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.